Monday, October 7, 2013

Lemon Zucchini Bread

Lemon Zucchini Bread: I don't know what it is about this recipe.....but we can't stop eating it! It bakes up moist on the inside and crispy on the outside, see the photo below! It is delish....I was given the original recipe by my mom who got it from her friend Lynn's blog Happier Than A Pig In Mud....which I truly am now that I have this recipe!Follow the link to the original recipe, but I will post my variation below!

 
I must say I do have the best mom! She had a ton of zucchini in her garden this year. Here's the best part of this recipe.....she shredded lots of zucchini and froze it in 2 cup baggies!!!! She gave me some! SCORE!!! Can I tell you how quick and easy it is for me to whip up a loaf of this bread...I know, I don't have to!
 
So yes folks, you can shred all that zucchini you grow and freeze it for later use. Just do so in amounts you will use. When I thawed it out, I let it sit in a colander for 10 minutes to drain the excess liquid.
 
 
Ingredients:
3 eggs (I used 3/4 cups egg beaters)
2 cups of sugar
3/4 cups oil (I used grapeseed oil)
2 cups shredded zucchini
1.5 cups white flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
2 lemons, zested with the juice of only one lemon
 
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. grease and flour one large loaf pans (I used 2 8x4 loaf pans the first time I made it, but the second time I only used one 9x5, turned out just fine either way, just bake the 2 pans for a shorter amount of time)
3. mix everything except zucchini, and then fold in zucchini gently
4. bake 45-50 minutes, checking to be sure a toothpick comes out clean. Don't let it dry out!
 
EAT.....BE HAPPY!!!!
 
Mix it all....
 Ahhh..don't forget the lemon!
 Fold in zucchini....
 Bake...
 Make it last more than a day...DARE YA!!!!

 
Thanks Lynn for the Recipe....
Thanks MOM for making it easy!!!
 
HUGS,
Stacey
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment