Tuesday, May 1, 2012

6 Hours...16 Meals...Day Two

6 Hours...16 Meals...
Day Two

Printable Version
Link to Shopping List
Link to Menu

Step One=2 packs pulled pork (plus dinner for that day)
I love to use this for my Egg Roll Wraps or for my Shredded Pork Tacos, or just for pulled pork sandwiches topped with coleslaw and baked beans!
Instructions:
You marinated the pork overnight, now just preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Place pork and marinade in a roasting pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Cover with foil. Let it cook for about 6 hours. Turn it occasionally, baste it if needed. Turn down to 225 degrees after about 3 hours. (Move on and do all the other steps while this is cooking!) Watch it carefully so it does not get over cooked, turn it down if your oven gets too hot. All ovens are different. You want to be able to put a fork in it, twist it and have the pork fall apart. Uncover for the last 30 minutes. Once you do this one time, you will be a pro and you can leave it in the oven all day without fussing. I usually do this on the grill for the smoker effect! Shred pork while still warm with 2 forks or in your stand mixer. Pull meat out of liquid and divide into equal portions and place into ziplock or foodsaver bags, remove all air and place one bag in refrigerator and the rest in the freezer.
I am going to use this one for my meal for tonight, so I added soft taco shells, organic nonfat plain greek yogurt, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheddar cheese and salsa to my grocery list for my meal.



Step 1.5=Pineapple Coconut Popsicles
I just decided to make this on day 2 because it is a light day! These will be good for dessert. I found the recipe here on pinterest. I added the stevia to make to make them a bit sweeter and the next time I make them i would definitely add a few strawberries or blueberries to the mix....maybe whatever fruit i have laying around! If you have some, do it! I made these in small mason jars and that was a mistake because they were too big to eat right! Just use popsicle molds....
Instructions:
Place ingredients below into a blender.
1 15 ounce can pineapple chunks, in juice
Pint of Strawberries or Blueberries only if you have them!
1 banana
1 can coconut milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
5 packets Stevia sweetener
Popsicle Mold
Blend until smooth in blender. Pour into molds and freeze!
Step Two=3 packs ground turkey breast sausage (homemade)
Instructions:
If you want to grind your own turkey breast, do so now. I have the link to the pork sausage here, it’s the same thing just use the turkey breast. A 5 lb boneless skinless turkey breast was used for sausage and burgers if you want to grind your own. Make sure you divide it into 3 lbs and set aside 2 lbs for the burgers.
If not, just place the ingredients below in a very large mixing bowl.
3 lbs ground turkey BREAST
1.5 Tablespoons chopped ORGANIC fresh sage
1.5 Tablespoons chopped fresh ORGANIC thyme
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
½ Tablespoon Nutmeg
½ Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper (optional, i did not use this but some people like their sausage spicy)
Mix well with hands. Shape into three tight, equal logs and place on parchment paper or butcher paper. Wrap tightly. I also wrapped mine with a layer of plastic wrap. There ya have it! Freeze all 3 or keep one out for breakfast dinner one day this week?? When you are ready to use, thaw, slice as you would a log of cookie dough. Place in frying pan sprayed with cooking spray and brown. I sometimes brown it like hamburger meat for putting into Stuffed Peppers or as a pizza topping.



Step Three=1 pack of 4 ground turkey breast burgers plus dinner for Day 3 (homemade)
If you are grinding your own, the 5 lb breast from above is enough for the sausage and the burgers. If not, just place the ingredients below in the large mixing bowl you used for the sausage.
2 lbs ground turkey BREAST
1 packet hidden valley ranch salad dry dressing mix
¼ cup egg beaters or one egg
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I use weight watchers)
Mix well. Shape into burger patties. Place the amount you need into ziplock or foodsaver bags and remove the air. I have a family of 4, so I placed 4 burgers in each bag. I put one four pack in the freezer, and one in the refrigerator for tomorrows dinner. I added burger buns, lettuce, tomato and burger fixings along with organic potatoes to my grocery list for my meal. I am going to make Plain Turkey Burgers, Coleslaw and Baked Fries.

 Okay...theres day 2! Not so bad right! Sounds like more work than it actually is! Day 3 is mostly breakfast items....so get ready for bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment