Monday, January 30, 2012

186 Calorie Egg Breakfast

Need breakfast in a hurry? It's the most important meal of the day! Get a jump on your day with this super quick 186 calorie breakfast! Oh, and BACON!


This is another one of my make ahead breakfast ideas....
Eggy Muffin Cups and and English Muffin, YUMMY!
You will need to...
Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Ingredients for Eggy Muffin Cups
Oscar Meyer Ready to Serve REAL Bacon Bits
2 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
6 Fresh Mushrooms, diced
Weight Watchers Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Egg Beaters
Ground Flax Seed

Spray a nonstick saute pan with cooking spray and add spinach and mushrooms, saute until wilted.
Meanwhile....
Add 1 Tsp of Bacon Bits to bottom of each muffin tin.
Evenly distribute spinach mushroom mixture on top of bacon bits. Top each muffin tin with 1 tsp cheese.
Add 1/4 cup egg beaters to each muffin tin.

Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp ground flax seed and run a knife around the edges to mix it in.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges start to turn brown and egg is done.
I placed them in a sealed container in the refrigerator and we were able to eat them all week. Substitute the spinach and mushrooms to your liking! Be creative!
Each muffin is
51.5 calories
1.25 grams of fat
0.25 gram of fiber

Pair this with a 100 calorie Thomas' Light Multi-Grain English Muffin topped with a 35 calorie wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese.
Now you have a breakfast worth talking about! This will keep you going all morning.
Breakfat Total:
Calories 186.5
Fat 3.75 grams
Fiber 8.25 grams


Everytime I think I have something better to do than exercise, I think ahead 4 weeks.  I think about how dissapointed I will be when I get there and say to myself "boy, i wish i would have stuck to my routine, I might be down a size, or actually have arm muscles!" Yep, gets me right back into that routine. There's always something else that needs to be done....do yourself a favor, do IT later, exercise NOW! 4 weeks from now you will be so proud of yourself.










No comments:

Post a Comment