Friday, January 13, 2012

TGIF....please let me get through the weekend and stay on track! I have had a really great week and feel good about myself! I think i can...i think i can! 


Tried to come up with a healthy blueberry muffin recipe....didn't do too bad! Shhhh....the kids and hubby won't know the difference!


Good for You Blueberry Muffins

2 cups White Whole Wheat flour (King Arthur brand has one)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
2 T melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 pint washed blueberries

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick spray. 
In a mixer bowl, combine all wet ingredients and mix well. Add all dry ingredients to wet mixture and mix well. Gently fold in the blueberries. I know what you are thinking...this is not going to make 12 muffins! Trust me, it does! 12 beauties! Divide batter evenly and bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. 
150 calories~~~2 grams of fat~~~3.5 grams fiber
If you are really good, you can substitute Truvia for sugar, let me know if you do!

Put $1 in a jar every time you complete a workout. When you reach a certain goal, say $100, treat yourself to a massage or a new pair of jeans. Great motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment