Buffalo Chicken Chili
2 lbs all white meat ground chicken breast
2 large carrots, diced small
1 small onion, diced small
5 ribs celery, diced small
1 T smoked paprika (if you don't have smoked, just use regular)
1 bay leaf
1 T minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste, I don't use any
2 cups chicken broth
1/8th cup buffalo wing sauce (i.e. anchor bar wing sauce, not tobasco)
15 oz can tomato sauce AND crushed tomatoes (30 oz total, just use what you have if you don't have both making sure to total 30 oz)
4 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
bag white corn chips
bag shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
container crumbled bleu cheese (optional)
1. Place a large pot (such as a dutch oven) over med high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add chicken and brown it, breaking into little pieces. If you have this pampered chef tool that I have in the picture...use it, it rocks! Cook about 5 minutes.
2. Add carrots, celery, onions, garlic, paprika, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth, tomatoes and hot sauce and bring to a boil. Turn to low heat and simmer about 30 minutes, longer if you have the time.
4. About 20 minutes before serving, add cream cheese and let melt and mix in. This will make it creamy. I wanted to get the recipe to you so I was not able to take a pic of the finished product. Sorry about that!
5. Place corn chips on a baking sheet and top with blue and cheddar cheese. Bake in oven until cheese is melted.
To Serve: Take out the Bay Leaf! Place in individual chili bowls and top with a handful of cheesey chips! Enjoy! Even better the next day.